How do industry leaders and today's young minds look at ethical AI?
This article from Engineering.com poses some tough questions about the role AI will play in our future and how we can plan to deploy these powerful tools responsibly. The panel of industry leaders and up-and-coming engineers interviewed for this article include:
- James Scapa, chairman, founder and CEO of Altair
- Carsten Buchholz, capability lead of Structural Systems Design at Rolls-Royce
- Hod Lipson, a professor at Columbia University that researches Robotics, AI, Digital Design and Manufacturing
- John Estrada, a student that produced an AI model for drought stress assessments in plants
- Tienlan Sun, a student that produced an AI model to detect illnesses within the eyes